June 19, 2013

Squat Night!

Tonight was a successful lifting night!

It was a success for a couple reasons:
1.  I completed ALL my work
B.  I'm getting faster out of the bottom of my squat
3.  I've learned how to control my depth on my squat

Gotta say it...I started a little too high with some of my weights  i.e., Barbell lunges.  I am now up to 95# and that is quite heavy.  Damn you linear progression!

ATTACK YOUR WEAKNESSES DON'T LET THEM BRING YOU DOWN!!!


Week 6 - Cube/Progressive Overload Hybrid


Warm Up/Stretching

Kneeling Hip Flexor Stretch/Hamstrings 1 min. each

Calf Stretch 2 mins.

Rack/Squat stretch 2 mins.

25 Air Squats

Rolling with Rumble Roller as long as I can take it!



Main Work

2x5 Squat @ 150#

6x5 Wide Box Squats @ 100#
**was supposed to be 3x5 oly BS then 3x5 wide BS.  But due to my weaker posterior I did 6 sets wide

3x10 Barbell Lunges @ 95#

3x10 Goodmornings @ 60#

3x10 Romanian DL @ 130#

6 sets of 10 count Killer Core.


Caitlyn Trout hitting her record breaking squat








Proof that women can be fit and Powerlift!!!